Microsoft Office Auto Update for Mac – Microsoft Office Customer Service
Microsoft office auto update is the option available in latest versions of Microsoft which enables you to make your office up-to-date with latest security fixes and improvements. Latest versions of these software’s are always updated for better performance
If your Microsoft Office Auto Update in your Mac is not working, it’s not a big deal, you can find the below troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
Office 2016 update for Mac not working
Sometimes users may face issues in Auto updating the Microsoft Office version.
For office 2016, find the below steps to overcome the auto update errors.
- You can first install the auto-update version 3.4 to download the latest update for Office 2016
- Check your DNS server configuration. The issue may be due to wifi or internet connectivity issues or improper DNS server configuration.
- Go to the Network >Advanced settings by launching the system preferences setting.
- You can now click the DNS tab and add the + button at the bottom.
- Enter the following network address 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 under the DNS tab which appears.
- Now launch the required Ms. Office application office 2016
- Go to the help option and select the check for updates and press the install icon.
- You can now download and install the updates automatically.
How to Set up Auto update for Mac automatically
If you want to check that your auto update for Mac is working properly, it’s possible to check it automatically.
- First open any Office application such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint or Excel.
- Go to help option on the top menu and check for the updates.
- Now select the option automatically download and install
- You can now click on the option check for updates and you will a see a link on the website which provides more information about the update.
Troubleshooting Microsoft Auto Update
If you are facing trouble in updating your Microsoft Auto Update for Mac, you can also find the easy steps below.
- Open Safari and download the latest versions of Microsoft auto update.
- Now open finder and press the command + shift +h
- Go to the library and choose the Privileged Helper tools and ensure that com. Microsoft .auto update .helper tool exists
- You can try re-downloading the Microsoft office from the above link
Microsoft Auto Update tool for Mac crashes with older versions of Silver Light
The users may face issues like Microsoft Auto Update crashing with the older versions of silver light
If you have installed the older versions of silver light already and tried installing the latest version of Office 2016 for Mac via Microsoft auto update, the auto update tool crashes.
Microsoft has now released a fix to protect your Microsoft auto update from crashing
You can now follow the below steps to fix this issue.
Update to the latest version of Silver Light
- Go to the top menu, open Safari and choose the preference option
- Now go to the security settings and click on the website settings from the section Internet plug-in
- Choose silver light from the left side list of plug-in and make sure that Allow option is selected.
- Once the silver light update is completed, you can try updating Office for Mac via Microsoft auto update.
- Try installing the latest versions of Office 2016 for Mac
- Go to the help option and check for updates from any of the office 2016 apps
If you are unable to find the updates from the help option, you also have many articles from which you can get the instructions and information about the new updates available. Contact our Microsoft office customer service for any help regarding Ms-Office
You can now find the above troubleshooting steps to fix problems on your Microsoft Office Auto Update for Mac.
If you still find difficulty in troubleshooting the Microsoft office auto update Contact Our Microsoft office support team via toll-free:1-855-559-2230 and Visit us https://www.microsoft-help-desk.com/