Resolve Start menu and Cortana not working windows 10
Sometimes the Cortana or start up menu doesn’t get responsive when its clicked. In such cases, you can try these tips to help the start menu or Cortana working. Our team gets down to help you with some tips and troubleshooting techniques for Start menu and Cortana not working windows 10.
Check for the Update Check option
- Click the Windows logo key + R and proceed to type Ms-settings.
- After selecting OK, you will see the settings menu.
- From Settings, choose Update & security, and then click on the Windows Update.
- From here, select Check for updates. If updates are available, Install and restart the machine.
Restart your device
If you didn’t find any major updates, then it would still be a great idea to restart the machine. If there are any pending updates, it would be updated. This would solve the issue Start menu and Cortana not working windows 10.
Try the trouble-shooter
There is an inbuilt troubleshooting mechanism from the start menu. Once the trouble-shooter is tried, it is recommended to restart the machine.
Create a new local administrator account
You may also try creating a new local administrator account, to try if the start menu is accessible from the new local account which has been signed in for the same purpose. This new administrator account can be created by using the following steps:
- Go to Windows logo key + R and type ms-settings and then select OK.
- Here, select Accounts, then choose Family & other people (or Other people, if you’re using Windows 10 Enterprise).
- You may try to select the option “Add someone else to this PC”, under Other people.
- For the user, provide a name and a password, and then select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Set a user name, password, and password hint. Then select Next > Finish.
Now you can sign into your new account and get the Cortana or the Start menu opened. If you are able to access now, move your personal data and files to the new account.If the problem still isn’t fixed, do the following steps as listed by Windows support team:
- From other users, select the old administrator account, and then opt for Delete account and data.
- After the old account is removed, restart your device and sign in with the new account again.
- If you were using a Microsoft account to sign in before, associate the Microsoft account with the new administrator account.
Resetting PC will be the last option, If none of the previous options work. Use Windows 10 recovery options for recovering the old data and files and carrying it to the new user account. For any help on Start menu and Cortana not working windows 10, contact our Microsoft online support guidance center for instant help. For more information call us at +1-855-559-2230 or visit our site at microsoft-help-desk.com