Tricks to Set the Game DVR Video Quality – Windows 10 Help
There are settings built for keyboard shortcuts, video encoding, etc to capture the video, audio, and screenshots to look the way you want them. Here are some settings that are available through the Xbox app and the Game bar and set game DVR video quality.
Xbox app Game DVR settings:
- First, open Xbox app to open the Game DVR settings in it
- Select Game DVR under Settings, to view the following categories:
Set your own preference for standard shortcuts for Game DVR on Windows 10. The standard shortcut will still work even if you set your own shortcut. For live assistant contact our windows 10 help team to resolve your issues.
Some Shortcuts you can set are:
- Open Game bar: To open the Game bar when you’re playing your game
- Record that: If you have Background recording turned on, this shortcut saves the last few moments of gameplay as a video capture
- Start/stop recording: Ends a recording or begins a video capture
- Take screenshot: To take a screenshot
- Show/hide recording timer: Hides or shows you the length of the current recording
- Microphone recording on/off: Record audio or commentary through the microphone
Saving custom keyboard shortcuts:
- Setting your own shortcut:
- Select the shortcut field
- Press keys you want to use for that particular function
Note: At least one: Ctrl, Shift, or Alt plus and another key press should be included in the shortcuts
- Select Save to save your shortcuts seen at the end of the section
By default, the background recording is off. It monitors the last few moments of game play when you turn it on so that you can capture the moment.
You can adjust the following when Background recording is turned on:
- Using Use Record the last and select a time period – a list of options will be available
- While you’re running battery power you can adjust whether Background recording will run because it uses more power than the regular mode
- When you are using a wireless display you modify whether Background recording will run because GPU resources are used
Game clips can be automatically saved when it reaches that length by setting the maximum recording time for it. See available options by selecting the time period.
To see where and in which folder your screenshots and game clips are saved use Saving Captures. Open folder to tee those files.
Choose the audio quality and record with or without sounds from your game and your microphone with the Audio function:
- Turn on Record audio game clips are recorded – To record game sounds with your game clips
- Select the option next to Audio quality- To choose a different audio quality than the default
- Turn on Record my microphone to record the game clips -To record your comments through your microphone
Select the video quality and resolution with Video encoding. The bit rate (Mbps, or megabits per second) and frames per second (fps) are both controlled by the Video quality. The clip quality will be 4.5 Mbps at 720p, 10 Mbps at 1080p, and a frame rate of 30 fps by default.
The above will help you to set the Game DVR video quality in Windows 10. If you want further more details contact the Microsoft Tech Support @ 1-855-559-2230 and visit us https://www.microsoft-help-desk.com.