Move Outlook email to Gmail
Office 365 is more than a set of productivity apps. It has the word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook, one note, access that run on your desktop or computer. You can view and edit files from any browser using the online applications of Microsoft. If you are Move Outlook email to Gmail, you have two options.
Importing a copy of all your emails to your office 365 account or outlook
You can use this option to have all your email in one account. If you have an Outlook application on your computer and you want to move Outlook email to Gmail, this option is more useful.
Connecting your old email account to Outlook
In this option you will be able to see and access your old email stored in your Gmail account .you can choose this option if you plan to keep your Gmail account active and you don’t have any outlook apps installed on your computer.
Before importing your email
Make sure that you have the office 365 username and password ready.
Install the Outlook app
- You can now add the office 365 mailbox to outlook.
Follow the below steps to move your Gmail account to Outlook
- Prepare your Gmail to connect to Outlook
- Turn on two-step verification for Gmail
- Create an app password that outlook/office 365 will use
The next step is to move your Gmail account to Outlook
- You can open the Outlook app (Outlook 2013 or 2016)
- Now click the file option in the left corner. The file option indicates that your version has an import/export wizard
- Choose the add account option in the Outlook app
- You can now enter your name, Gmail address, Gmail password and select the next option.
- Click on the finish and your outlook synced with your Gmail account
- All your emails in your email account will now appear on your account
Copy your Gmail messages to your desktop
If you have finished step 2, the copy of your Gmail messages will be stored in a file known as Outlook data file which your outlook creates on your desktop.
Go to your Outlook app (2013 0r 2016)
- Now choose the option File > open and export > Import\export
- Select the Export to a file option and then press next
- Choose the Outlook data file and press the next option again
- You can now select the account you want o export by choosing the name of your email address of your Gmail account
- Make sure that the Include subfolders box is checked and then choose the next
- Choose the browse option to select the location where you want to save the Outlook data file.
- If you want an optional password, you can add it and press ok.
Move your Gmail to Outlook mailbox
- Go to your Outlook app and choose File >Open and Export > Import /Export
- You can now choose the option Import from another program or file > Next
- Now choose the Outlook data file
- Go to .pst file you have created in step 3
- Enter the password if you have assigned any password to your outlook data file.
- Select the Import items into the same folder option and then click Finish.
- The outlook will now copy the information from the pst file to the office 365 mailbox.
Removing your Gmail account from outlook
- Open your Outlook and go to the settings File > Account Settings
- Select your Gmail account from the Account Settings and then choose the Remove option.
- A dialogue box to remove offline cache appears now. Choose yes in the dialogue box
- You can now follow the above guidelines to move your Gmail account to Outlook and also the option to move from Outlook Gmail to email.
If you still find difficulty in understanding the above Move Outlook email to Gmail account steps, you can also get support from Microsoft Customer Support via Toll-Free: +1-855-559-2230 and visit us www.microsoft-help-desk.com.