Troubleshoot IE 11 Freezing or Crashing Issue
Internet Explorer 11, has been by far the stablest browser from the house of Microsoft, and intends to stay that way. But there are times at which even the best of best has a few issues. One such issue is IE 11 freezing or crashing for no reason at all or hangs or crashes.
Here are some a few handy troubleshoots to fix the error of IE 11 freezing or crashing frequently!
- By using Disk Cleanup, please clear all the Caches, smaller data packets each site has left in your browser. These can slow down your browser big time.
- Run and scan via you anti virus to check for malware. And also, do this >Open IE, click Tools > Internet Options > Security > Reset all Zones, to get rid of corrupted files if any.
- There are a few add-ons that prove to be the greatest threat to the efficiency of your browser. To get rid of them, please disable add-ons, or if you don’t want any of the add-ons, then please search for “IE (No Add-ons) and download and run the setup. This is IE 11, minus the add-ons!
- There is an option that throws your IE back to its factory settings, the safest version of it, the way it was when you purchased the gadget! Go to advanced settings, and click Reset Internet Explorer. Be advised that doing so can not only throw out the add-ons but also your favorites and the saved passwords!
- If at all your browser is still slow, play around a little with the registry!
Run regedit and navigate to the following key:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
- Right-click in the right side and select New.
- Create a New DWORD value called “MaxConnectionsPerServer”
- Double-click “MaxConnectionsPerServer” and give the value as “10”
- Create another new DWORD with the name “MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server”
- Double-click it and assign the value as “10“.
- Save and Exit from the registry.
- Please Restart Windows.
Also see if the following registry subkey is enabled:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\UseCoInstall
- If it is absent, no issues. But if it is there, and of its DWORD value is set at 1, reassign this value to 0, Click OK and Exit.
These are a few fixes that can prove to be efficient and solve the issues with your freezing or crashing IE 11! If problems still persist, we request you to drop a mail or call us through our toll-free number 1-855-559-2230 or visit us at www.microsoft-help-desk.com and tell what’s gone wrong, and we’ll help you!