Fix Problems Opening Documents In Share Point Libraries
Share point library is the location on a site where you can create, store, update or collaborate files with the team members.
If you have problems opening the office files in share point libraries, find the below steps to fix them
Download and check the files locally
Go to the share point online, select the file and click the download option on the command bar.
For share point server 2013
Select the file, click the ellipse (…) and then click download.
For share point server 2010
- Click the down arrow on the file
- Choose the send to option
- You can now click the download a copy option
- Go to your browser, click save and then open the folder where the file is located.
- Right-click the file in the desktop folder and choose the open with option
- Now select the application you want to open with.
- The screen will automatically pop with a dialogue to open one.
- If you want a default application to open all your documents, then you can choose Always use this app option.
- If you find the above steps difficult, you can also get support from our Microsoft Office live support.
Unable to open the file due to file corruption
If you are unable to open a document that you used to open often, there are chances that your file may be corrupted. Sometimes the file format may not be compatible with any of your applications
- Ensure that your file is saved correctly
- If you are unable to open your word document and is corrupted,
- Go to the File> open the file in your word
- Go to the location where the document is stored
- Select your corrupted document, click on the arrow next to open and then select the open and repair option.
File corruption also occurs when you open the file from the USB device.
You can try the Safe to remove hardware option in this case.
How to repair a corrupted Excel workbook
Open the file tab and click open
If you are using Excel 2013 or Excel 2016,
- Click on the location where the spreadsheet is located and click the browse option.
- Select the corrupted workbook that you want to open when the dialog box appears
- Click the arrow next to the open button and then click open and repair.
- Click on the repair option to recover the corrupted workbook data.
- You can extract values and formulas from the workbook using the Extract data option.
Resolving document library errors
Documents are mostly stored in document libraries on share point. You can try disabling the below options to resolve the common document library errors.
- Go to Library > Library Settings > Versioning Settings and Turn off the check in/ check out
- To turn off minor versions in the share point document library
- Go to Library > Library Settings > Versioning Settings
- You can now set the document version history to No versioning
File formats not supported
Make sure that you have compatible versions of Office documents. Sometimes the older versions of Microsoft can’t open all the documents.
You can now follow the above troubleshooting steps when you are unable to open your documents in share point libraries.
Microsoft office live support provides quick and quality support for home and business. The team has experts working on 24\7 to help you resolve all your issues.
If you find problems opening your document in share point libraries contact your Microsoft office live support through the toll-free number 1-855-559-2230 or www.microsoft-help-desk.com for quick and easy assistance.