Deleting your Office Document Cache
Office document cache is the setting used by Microsoft Office upload center to track the state of files that you are uploading to the server. You can use this setting to track your uploads. You can find these settings in Microsoft Office upload center.
- If you are more concerned about your privacy, and you prefer directly to work with the server. You can delete your office document cache permanently.
- Sometimes there are chances that your cache file will get corrupted. When this corruption happens, your office file gets stuck in the office upload center.
- You will get an alert which says that your Microsoft Office document cache encountered a problem and you will get a link to repair it.
- The Microsoft Office Upload Center will produce another error message when you click the link that appears.
- The Microsoft Office Upload Center will instruct you to back up your cache and create a new one.
You can find the below guidelines to delete your office document cache permanently.
Performing a clean boot.
You can try performing a clean boot of your system to avoid the loading of cache files during the start up.
Deleting your cache files
If your cache files are corrupted, you can try deleting your cache files. This method will allow ms office to repair itself by replacing the corrupted files.
Reboot and sync option
You can try the Reboot and sync option to clear up any stuck files.
To perform a clean boot in Windows
Micro soft office help center provides you set of instructions to guide you to perform a clean boot. You can also contact the experts for more assistance.
Log on to your computer as the administrator.
When you perform a clean boot, the functionality of the system may be lost. The functionality returns when you restart your system. So the experts from Microsoft office help center recommend you not to use the system configuration utility to change the advanced boot options on your computer unless the experts from Micro soft office help center instructs you to do so.
For example, you can perform a clean boot for Windows 10 following the steps below.
- Go to the start and search for MS Config
- Select the system configuration from the search results.
- Go to the service tab of the system configuration dialog box
- Now select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
- Tap on the disable all option.
- Click on open task manager on the startup tab of the system configuration dialog box.
- On the startup tab in task manager, select the file and press disable.
- You can now close the task manager.
- Click ok on the startup tab of the system configuration dialog box and restart the computer.
To delete cache files
- Go to the upload center, click on settings and select the Delete cache files option
- To open the office upload center.
- Click the Windows button and type the Microsoft upload center in the search box.
- You can now double-click the Microsoft upload center app in the search results
- Go to the start option, choose the Microsoft office and then point to Microsoft Office Tools.
- You can now click the Microsoft Office Upload Center from the Microsoft Office tools.
Windows 8 or 8.1
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen, type Microsoft upload center in the search box.
- Double-click the Microsoft upload center app in the search results.
You can now find the above steps above to delete your office document cache. If you still require any further assistance, you can also contact our experts from www.microsoft-help-desk.com or 1-855-559-2230.