Resolve the Outlook for Mac Password Issues – Outlook Tech Support
Microsoft has introduced the new Outlook for Mac with improved performance, reliability, and a fresh look. The new Outlook for Mac has modern user Interface and improved scrolling which makes the outlook more convenient for the users. The new features of Outlook help you to use it even more efficiently.
When you use Outlook for Mac, it keeps on asking for a password for your office 365.You can now find the below troubleshooting methods if your office 365 keep on asking for a password
Error message appears asking for a new password when you use Outlook if your Mac OS user account doesn’t match with your outlook password
Some of the most common error messages include
- Your username or password/security settings may be incorrect
- Re-enter your password.
Unknown username or password
A dialog box appears asking you to enter your password.
- You can re-enter the credentials and make sure that you have entered the correct username and password if you get error messages which keep on asking for a password.
Office 365 asks for a password due to Modern authentication
- Changes in the authentication mechanism for outlook is another reason you get an error message asking for password
- You can fix the problem by updating your outlook and deleting your individual keychain entries. The problem may keep on reappear if you do not delete the entries.
- Select the complete entries you need to remove and delete it permanently to overcome the issue of asking for a new password.
Fixing the issue permanently
You can fix the issue permanently by launching the keychain tool and removing the keychain entries listed below
- Microsoft Office Identities
- MS Open Tech
- Other OC keychain entries which are not related.
Other Reasons Why Outlook For Mac Keep On Asking For A Password
The minor gap in the quality control such as the lack of proper testing during upgrade is another reason why your Outlook for Mac keeps on asking for a password.
Password for Mac OS user account doesn’t match with your outlook password
Error message appears asking for a new password when you use Outlook, if your Mac OS user account doesn’t match with your outlook password
- You can create a new username and password or create a new login chain and update with your new password.
- Enter the password for your login keychain after resetting your password for your macOS user account.
- Use your old password to update your login keychain
- Open the keychain access application from your application folder
- Select the login option from the list of keychains on the left side of the window.
- Go to the Edit menu and choose the options to change the password for keychain login.
- Enter the old password of your user account in the current password field
- You can enter the new password of your user account in the new password field. This will be the password you will use to Login your Mac
- Enter the same password in the Verify field
- Click ok now and quit the Keychain access
Outlook client configuration files corruption
Your Outlook for Mac asks for a password when your client configuration files get corrupted. Corruption occurs due to your recent Mac Os update. Follow the below troubleshooting steps if your files get corrupted
- Go to the keychain access option
- Search for the exchange option under login
- Choose the option office and delete everything.
- Choose the option ADAL and delete everything
- Launch your Outlook now
Follow the above troubleshooting steps if your Outlook for Mac keeps asking for a password often. If you still find any problems you can also get help and support from our Outlook tech support team via 1-855-559-2230 or visit us https://www.microsoft-help-desk.com