Troubleshooting Outlook Login Issue
For the purposes of troubleshooting, Microsoft outlook contains an option for logging which is helpful for troubleshooting Outlook login issue you may face with your outlook program.
Turn logging on or off option
If you are using Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, and Outlook 2010, follow these steps as given by Outlook Technical Support to enable troubleshooting options.
- In Outlook, navigate to File tab, choose Options and then choose Advanced.
- Under Other, select or clear Enable troubleshooting logging option(requires restarting Outlook)
- Exit and restart Outlook.
If you are using Outlook 2007,
- In Outlook, go to Tools > Options and select advanced options under other tabs
- Select or clear the Enable logging (troubleshooting) check box.
- Exit and restart Outlook.
The logging option which is enabled contains the logs information for the following features such as calendar transactions, Inbox auto processing, Free/busy publishing, Reminders, Resource booking, Offline Address Book etc.
View the log files
If you want to simply see the log files, most of them are in plain text. The calendar log file is protected so as not to enable conversation reading. If you require help, contact the Outlook Technical Support for calendar log files.
Log file locations
The temp folders contain the log files, which have been saved and downloaded. The Temp folder is usually located in your \AppData\Local folder. By default, the Local Settings and App Data folders are hidden. If you want to display these hidden folders, do the following:
- Open Control Panel and open folder options
- To locate Folder Options, type Folder Options in the search box at the top of window.
- On the View tab, find under Advanced settings, choose Files and Folders, and then opt for Hidden files and folders
- Select the option Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
By doing this, the hidden folders will be viewable.
As an administrator, the registry can be used to turn logging on or off, with the settings deployed for users. Office Customization Tool (OCT) is used for configuring the basic default Outlook logging settings on the Modify User Settings page as listed by the Outlook Technical Support. The settings can also be enforced by using the Outlook Group Policy template in the Local Group Policy Editor.
Microsoft Outlook has a logging feature which is extremely handy to troubleshoot technical issues. With recording log file of email and calendar events in Outlook, this feature can be enabled or disabled. Follow the instructions as given by the Outlook Technical Support to help you solve the technical issues. Need more help call us at 1-855-559-2230 or visit www.microsoft-help-desk.com.