How to detect the Outlook error in the file
On the off chance that your Microsoft Outlook Data File (.pst and .ost) won’t open, or in the event that you speculate the document is harmed, utilize the Inbox Repair instrument (SCANPST.EXE) to analyze and repair mistakes in the information record. The Inbox Repair apparatus checks the Outlook information records on your PC to check whether they’re fit as a fiddle. The error message you’re most likely to receive is Outlook errors have been detected in the file.
In case you’re utilizing a Microsoft Exchange account and your disconnected Outlook Data File (.ost) is missing things, you can securely erase the document. Viewpoint will reproduce the document whenever the program opens.
Leave Outlook and do one of the accompanying:
- Browse to C:\Program Files or Browse to C:\Program Files (x86).
- In the Search box, sort SCANPST.EXE.
NOTES: If the hunt doesn’t discover SCANPST.EXE in one organizer, have a go at looking in the other envelope said instep 1. Explore to the organizer area in view of your rendition of Outlook.
- Open SCANPST.EXE.
- In the Enter the name of the record you need to sweep box, enter the name of the .pst document you need the device to check, or pick Browse to choose the record.
NOTE: By default, another log record is made amid the sweep. You can pick Options and select not to have a log made, or you can have the outcomes attached to a current log document. Your Outlook will now look for the files in which Outlook errors have been detected in.
- Pick Start to start the sweep.
- On the off chance that the output discovers mistakes, pick Repair to begin the procedure to settle them.
NOTE: The sweep makes a reinforcement document amid the repair procedure. To change the default name or area of this reinforcement record, in the Enter name of reinforcement document box, enter another name, or pick Browse to choose the record you need to utilize.
There, your files in which Outlook errors have been detected in has been repaired, an are good to go!
At the point when the repair is finished, begin Outlook with the profile related with the Outlook Data File you just repaired.
Other Outlook envelopes
In the Folder Pane, you may see an envelope named Recovered Personal Folders that contains your default Outlook organizers or a Lost and Found envelope. Despite the fact that the repair procedure may reproduce a portion of the organizers, they might be unfilled. The Lost and Found organizer contains any envelopes and things recouped by the repair instrument that Outlook can’t put in their unique structure.
Make new information record
You can make another Outlook Data File and drag the things in the Lost and Found envelope into the new information document. After you’ve moved every one of the things, you can evacuate the Recovered Personal Folders (.pst) record, including the Lost and Found envelope.
Recuperate things from the reinforcement (.bak) document
In the event that you can open the first Outlook Data File, you may have the capacity to recuperate extra things. The Inbox Repair apparatus makes a reinforcement record with an indistinguishable name from the first, yet with a .bak augmentation, and spares it in a similar organizer. There might be things in the reinforcement record that you may have the capacity to recuperate that the Inbox Repair device proved unable.
- Peruse to the organizer where the .pst record is put away and you’ll discover the .bak document (for instance, email@example.com) made by the Inbox Repair instrument.
- Make a duplicate of the .bak document and rename it with a bak.pst augmentation. For instance, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Import the bak.pst document into Outlook, and utilize the Import and Export Wizard to import any extra recouped things into the recently made .pst record
Hope you we were able to learn a few things regarding Outlook errors that are detected in the file. If issues still persist, please contact us at 1-855-559-2230 or visit us microsoft-help-desk.com and get professional help!