Troubleshooting Microsoft Office Pane Preview Issue
We all know a bit of self-check is a good thing to be done at the end of each task! And that is the reason we have a preview pane in Microsoft Word! But, what if the pane shows an error?
“This file can’t be previewed because of an error in Microsoft Word previewer.”
There is a chance that many of you might have come across the above-given sentence! That’s an error message, and we’re gonna tell you how to solve it!
First of all, we will have to make sure that the faulty one here is the Word application and not the file! We’d advice you to preview the file in some other application of Microsoft’s. For instance, try previewing it in Microsoft Excel! Or even better, preview it on Word web! If at all you can do it, then your poor Microsoft office or word alone has issues! If not, then the file is corrupted!
We’ll tell how to preview your file! Follow the given below instructions!
- Select on of the programs that are listed in the “Applies To Products” section and run it.
- Click either the Microsoft Office Button or the File tab, and click Open when the menu drops down.
- Please ask the application to show you the document you choose in the preview pane.
- If at all the application doesn’t work, there are two possible scenarios why.
- The file is corrupted.
- The file type is not supported by the Microsoft Office application or Word if it is you tried to open it with.
What can you do?
- Use a backup of the file.
- Use a different application to open it. For instance, a .doc file cannot be previewed using Excel!
In case you have issues with recovering or backing up your corrupted files, or if you are not sure of what application to choose for which extension file type, or not sure how to open a file in it’s Microsoft Office web counterpart or word web, call us at 1-855-559-2230 and we’ll let you know! If at all you need us to call you, please tell us at www.microsoft-help-desk.com.