Cortana Speech Recognition Issues – Windows 10 Help
Cortana speech recognition, Microsoft’s virtual assistant is a very useful feature available Windows 10. It can help you with several functions such as (to name a few):
- Searching for local and online
- Setting reminders
- Sending emails
Voice-recognition is a very powerful feature because just by following voice commands, Cortana will do anything possible.
So, her functionality will drastically decrease, if Cortana is not able to hear you. If you need any assistant contact our live windows 10 help.
Cortana will hear you again if you follow these instructions:
Windows 10 – Cortana just can’t hear you –
The problem is mostly due to wrong microphone settings or just a bad microphone.
1 – Setting up the microphone
- Check if the microphone is working for other programs such as Recording or Skype
- If you are not able to use the microphone in other programs –
- To set it up correctly:
- Set the microphone to the default recording device
- Choose Recording devices by right-clicking on the sound icon in the taskbar
- Click on the microphone icon and Select Set Default
- You have to configure it to work properly on your computer, once it has been set to default:
- Enter set up mic at the Search bar and click on Set Up Microphone to open it
- Read the sentence that appears and let the computer recognize your voice
- The microphone will be set up properly once finished
- Try to give Cortana a voice command to make sure your microphone is set up properly
2 – Disabling the enhancements
- In Windows 10 some of the microphone and sound enhancements can conflict with other system features such as Cortana. So, if Cortana cannot hear you it would be best to disable the microphone enhancements and then check if she can hear you.
- You just have to go to Recording devices, choose your default microphone and check Disable all enhancements
For windows10 help contact our live assistant at +1-855-559-2230. They will assist you with a better solution for your problems.
3 – Adjust the levels of the microphone
- Sometimes even if Cortana hears you she is not able to recognize what you are telling her. It could happen that your microphone levels are probably set too low.
- To fix it, select your default microphone under Recording devices and at the Levels tab, adjust the scales to a little higher. Click on OK and speak into Cortana again
4– Microphone driver update
Though highly unlikely, may the microphone driver is not letting Cortana hear you. In such a case, it is best to update the microphone driver.
- Open the Device Manager
- Expand the Audio inputs and outputs
- Right-click on your microphone
- Choose Update Driver Software
- Reboot the PC after installation