Fix Windows Backup Error Codes 0x80071A91, 0x80070057 and 0X80041321
Windows backup error codes occur when you try to take a backup on your computer. Automatic file backup feature is the most commonly used for taking a backup from your computer. Here are some of the troubleshooting steps to overcome the error codes while you perform a system backup for windows.
When your windows file system transaction log is corrupted, Error code 0x80071A91 is generated.
You can now follow the below steps to fix this Windows backup error codes
- Go to the start search box and right-click cmd in the program list
- Click on the Run as Administrator option and click continue
- Type your administration password and click Allow
- Type the following command on the command bar
Fsutil resource set auto reset true C:\
Try to restart your computer if you still find the error.
Other common troubleshooting methods
- Ensure that your computer is connected to the network using a network device.
- Run Windows Server Backup service and Windows Server client computer backup on your computer.
- Open the computers and backup option on your windows to check if the backup is completed successfully.
Checking the availability of space to perform the backup.
- Go to the control panel and click on the system and security options.
- Select the Administrative Tools and click on the Create and format hard disk partitions
- You can now right-click the volume that you want to extend
- Select the extend volume option if it is enabled.
This error code occurs when you back up files using windows backup on your computer. You can follow the below steps to overcome the error code 0x80070057
Changing the decimal symbol setting
Improper decimal symbol setting is one among the cause for occurrence of error code 0x80070057
Follow the below steps to change the decimal symbol settings.
- Click on the Clock, Language, and Region option from the control panel.
- Choose the additional settings from the format tab
- Type dot (.) on the decimal symbol field.
- Restart your computer
Adding a registry key value
If you modify your registry key value incorrectly, you will get the error code 0x80070057
- Go to start and search the programs and file box
- Click on the registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARES\Policies \Microsoft\System
- On the Edit menu, click the DWORD value
- Right click Copy File Buffered Synchronous and then click the modify option.
- Type 1 in the value data box and click ok
- You can now Exit Registry Editor
This is another common system backup error. Corruption of backup task is the major reason for this issue. You can try the below steps to troubleshoot this error.
- Try to disable the automatic backup task and windows back up Monitor task
- You can also try reconfiguring the file backup
You can now follow the above guidelines to fix the Windows backup error codes for your computer.