Repair Your Outlook Email Account
There are several instances where you may face some troubles with your Outlook email account. You may require help with Outlook email troubleshooting if the account is corrupt and if you have difficulty connecting to Outlook on your desktop. In these cases, you will not be able to access your email account nor can you open your emails. Error messages can popup indicating that the PST file does not open. This happens especially when the Outlook email account is corrupt. The situation can be quite stressful when you cannot send or receive any emails and when you do not have a backup of the Outlook data file.
There are also several manual methods that you can use to repair your Outlook email account. One of them is the Inbox Repair Tool or the scanpst.exe that is provided by Microsoft Outlook. You can use it if you need any help with Outlook email fixing when it is corrupted. But when you run the scanpst.exe it may further modify the original PST file and may even sometimes fail to provide relief with the issue. In such a case, Outlook data may be gone forever. But you can always fix your Outlook profile to troubleshoot the email account.
In Outlook 2007, repair your profile with the following steps:
- Go to ‘Tools’ and then ‘Account Settings’
- Under ‘Account Settings’ choose the ‘Email’ tab
- Select your account and click on ‘Repair’
- Follow the onscreen instructions provided by the wizard to complete the repair
- Once done, restart Outlook to preserve changes
In Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2013, you can execute profile repair as follows:
- Choose ‘File’
- Go to ‘Account Settings’ and again under it choose ‘Account Settings’
- Under the ‘Email’ tab choose ‘Repair’
- Instructions on the screen will let you complete the repair
- Restart Outlook to use it