Open A Website In Your Google Chrome
Chrome has to be one of the most efficient browsers of all time! Having said that, Chrome isn’t free from all malfunctions! There are a few times when a few websites won’t open on your computer and you’ll need some help or tabs won’t load as fast as the other, or at times no tabs load despite having a decent net connection established! Here’s how you can solve a few errors that chrome throws at you!
Make sure that your computer is actually connected to the network you intended it to be. To know whether your computer is connected to your network or not, Start > Run > Key in cmd and then type OK.
Key in ipconfig and then press Enter
If at all you get 169.254.X.X as the I.P, then the issue really is with your network! If your computer is indeed connected to your own network, then proceed to the other checks!
- Close and reopen the tab, and try closing all the other tabs or opening this one in a newer window.
- Restart chrome.
- Restart your computer as a whole.
- See if your computer is able to open the website now. No? Need a little extra help?
The next step
- Malware, maybe? Check for the signs of malware and run a thorough cleansing scan with the help of your anti-virus software.
- Check if your firewall settings are blocking the site, with a misinterpretation that the site is malicious.
- Check if this is actually an issue from the website’s side and try reporting it to the site.
- Restrict your anti-virus from blocking this site. Please do this only if you are absolutely sure that the site is safe.
- Reinstall chrome if you think the installation does already is broken or unauthentic.
- Update Chrome if it is not already up to date!
- See in Chrome help forums if anyone else is facing the same issue with the same website.
If at all you’re still left to deal with the same issue, call us and we’ll be able to help your computer open the website you are struggling to open! Call us at 1-855-559-2230 or chat us to post in the queries at www.microsoft-help-desk.com, and we’ll be sure to guide you through what has to be done!