Play DVDs and Blu-ray Discs In Windows 8
Windows 8 gives you access to various features and options to play your favorite videos. Earlier versions of Windows have the built-in DVD player but the newer version doesn’t have this option.
Here are some of the ways to play your DVDs and Blue-ray disks in Windows 8,
Downloading VLC Media Player
- If you have upgraded to Windows version, then you need to install software’s to watch your favorite videos and movies.
- VLC media player is the powerful media player from video LAN. The software is capable of downloading any video or visual file format.
CYBER links Power DVD 12
You can also download Media player software’s like CYBER link to play both DVDs and Blue-ray disks. Theatre 3D option, which turns 2D movies into 3D, is the top feature of this application.
Windows media center 8 packs
- You can also purchase and install windows media player 8 packs to play your DVDs and Blue-ray disks.
- Windows media center pack is available for the latest versions of Windows 8 Pro.
- Your computer will restart once you have installed windows media center including DVD playback
Pot Player is a free media player which supports DVDs and Blue-ray disks.
Mango -Windows Blue Ray player
This media player software works with multiple operating systems and file types. It gives you control over multiple audio and video settings and also lets you share comments on videos directly to your social media pages. Windows Blue Ray player software is available only for Windows and Mac and not for Linux operating system. It can play video formats like AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, and WMV. Icons are easy for you to use and understand.
After installing the Windows Blue ray player,
- Double click and launch the program
- You can connect the Blu-ray drive with your drive using the USB cable.
- Insert the blue ray disk you want to play in the drive
- Wait till the Mango Blue-ray disc menu appears
- You can now play your movie from the disc menu.
- You can now enjoy watching your favorite videos using Mango –Windows Blue Ray player.
Windows media player
Using Windows media player you can play audio CDs, data CDs and data DVDs that contain music or video files.
To play a CD or DVD with Windows media player
- Install the CD which you want to play. The disk will start playing automatically.
- If the disk is not played automatically, you can open the windows media player and select the disk name from the player library.
GOM media player
GOM media player is another popular media player that can play videos on Windows 8. It is easy to use and supports a wide variety of file formats.
MPC-HC (Media Player Classic Home Cinema)
MPC-HC (Media Player Classic Home Cinema) is the lightweight media player for windows and offers a lot of customization options.