Troubleshooting Microsoft Account Login Issues
None of us question the fact that Office 2013 is by far the best office suit, and has every feature a person expects an office suit to have! The one feature a lot of the users are really fond of in Office 2013 is the ability to make, create or modify your files on the go, online, from the cloud! But, the facility kinda goes to the bin if you cannot log into your account for Microsoft, and there are times at which, no matter how many times you try the computer keeps kicking you out the log in, telling you that “Sorry, we are having some temporary server issues.” It’s not really temporary if it keeps throwing the same error message for an entire day, right?
Here are a few steps, by following which you have a chance of getting rid of this error message, and you will no longer have to deal with server issues! After this, logging into our account for Microsoft
- Open a command prompt by clicking the Windows button and the letter R together.
- When the screen pops at the bottom left of the screen, inetcpl.cpl.
- An internet options window pops up and you will have to toggle through it and select the Advanced tab. Under the drop down that the Internet Explorer settings, select an option that says Reset.
- Once you’re done, the computer prompts if the want your personal information deleted!
- If you’ve checked it/ or not and if you’re done with this process, the computer asks for a reboot.
- Once the reboot is done, you must be fairly out of the issue, since you’d now done a master reboot!
Now please reconnect to the internet and then sign in to your Microsoft password and we are sure that logging into the Microsoft account of yours in is of some help too, and if at all you have issues with any of the above mentioned steps, please contact us through our toll-free number 1-855-559-2230 or visit us at www.microsoft-help-desk.com, and we’ll be able to help you with it!